1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Dude was getting hyped on Raw Underground a few months ago, and now they don’t recognize him? Really? Really? Really?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Outing: JRoyal is The Miz.

JRoyal likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

So far, I’ve been liking the first night better.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Anybody else been having a lot of sound issues with Peacock?
    I just restarted it, but there was no sound for a good five minutes before that. And prior to that it had been going in and out since the IC title match. At first I thought they were just bleeping out Wale's lyrics, but then it persisted.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Asuka's my favorite wrestler, but I like Ripley too, and understand why they put her over. Congratulations to her!
    However, I was a bit disappointed with the match. I thought that ending came out of nowhere; I think they could have gone another 10 minutes or so and had a really good match, which could have elevated Ripley more.
    Maybe they were needing to end it when they did to give the main event more time.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Bwah ha ha! Of course the crowd boos when heel Bayley gets her comeuppance from the Bellas.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Glad they gave Sheamus a belt. As much work as he’s done putting over others the last year, he deserved the win tonight.

Batman likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

Wow. The presence and ring psychology in this world title fight is incredible.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So Edge pinned Bryan, right?

10. nietsroob17

But that ending ... fuck off.

11. Baron Scicluna

I’m kinda wondering about that too. If the E wanted to twist themselves in knots, they could claim that Edge was pinning Bryan, and Roman was pinning Edge, and that they both were getting pins, and either have to share the title or have a rematch.

12. Baron Scicluna

All in all, great main event, Owens/Zayn was fun, US, IC, and Asuka/Rhea were fine, a decent women’s tag title match that could have been pure garbage, and a weird opener with a finish that sucked.

First night was better, IMHO.

Draft saved Draft deleted