1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who works at Pfizer says they're expecting the EUA in a few weeks. (Ok, the chain isn't that long, but it's third-hand from someone who works there.)

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thank you Simone.

SFIND, TowelWaver and sgreenwell like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's pretty serious.

SFIND, TowelWaver and sgreenwell like this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Re: “Trumpcine.”

Joe Biden should spin by Jen Psaki’s powwow tomorrow afternoon and drop a nugget along these lines: “If the former guy is willing to tape a PSA encouraging MAGA to get a vaccine shot, I’ll instruct the FDA to name it the Trumpcine and I’ll have the FCC require all broadcast networks to air the PSA at 9 p.m. every night for 100 days...”.

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Look at you, Mr. Fancy Pants Moneybags!

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    From the LAT:
    On Saturday, the state reached the latest milestone when the COVID-19 death toll exceeded 60,000, according to a Times tally of fatalities reported by county.
    The death toll represents roughly 10.7% of COVID-19 deaths nationwide. California is home to about 12% of Americans.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If Trump had actually had anything to do with a vaccine, it would have been a syringe filled with 1 part bleach and 2 parts bullshit.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That pretty much echos the discussion from a couple of weeks ago. California is doing . . . about average. Perhaps even a little better than average. But are they really getting the bang for their buck they should be getting, given their restrictions --- and resulting high unemployment --- and being among the 10 youngest states in the country?

I mean, Kentucky accounts for 1.0% of US COVID deaths . . . with 1.3% of Americans.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I am not even fazed by the homeschooling anymore. I'd sure as heck like it to end, but I call the plays on the return to school, not some politician.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As a resident, yeah I'm good with it. Is it an inconvenience to have been barred from open stadiums and bars while others in the Union were doing so? Yeah, but to be 20% lower than our population (10% vs. 12%), that's not some miniscule achievement. CA has done a damn good job and we are now reaping the benefits as we start to open up again. Once again, criticism is so much easier than solutions. I'm happy with our performance.

SFIND and TigerVols like this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good lord ... 10.7%/11.9% is not 0.8 ... it's 0.899 ... so your "20% lower" is only off by about 100%.

Draft saved Draft deleted