1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Trebek/Jeopardy Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mwilliams685, Mar 6, 2019.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Rodgers just needs to project his voice a little more. He was hard to understand at times.

2. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Is LeVar Burton going to have a chance?

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers reminds me of Negan. But nicer.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I really don't think they've had a bad fill in host yet.
    Okay, I am just going to say it - the fill in hosts do not have to genuflect at the casket of Alex Trebek every single night. Enough, really. Do it the first night you fill in, because I guess you have to. He did it the second night. Trebek was tremendous. We know. He died. We will all die.

It is getting a little bit of "thank you for your service" vibe for me.

tea and ease, Cosmo and Tighthead like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers Wants to Be the Permanent Host of ‘Jeopardy!’
    Some interesting stuff.

I really give Dr. Oz credit for doing the contestant Q&A without cards.
    Rodgers uses cards. And he kinda has a crutch saying, "I'm told that you..." But he also has had some good follow questions/comments with the contestants.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing is, Rodgers could easily do it - do about 4 months of shows in a couple of weeks during the off-season. Do another month during the bye week, a week here and there on the day off. Isn't the standard deal about two weeks of shows a day when they are in production?

7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I thought Rodgers already started sounding disinterested on his second day. He also seems like he’s high.
    I completely agree with Poindexter about the nightly homage to Trebek. Enough is enough. We get the point.
    Finally, the kid in the driver’s seat right now is a bad ass. Looks like he’s about 22 years old and knows everything.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

(Whispers)

Dr. Oz wasn’t terrible.

He’s terrible, but not as a Jeopardy! host.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I was going to say, at the risk of sounding like Tom Grunick coaching Aaron Altman in "Broadcast News," Rodgers needs to "punch" one word or phrase in every sentence.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Which is so strange given that's what he's known for in his snap count and getting those free plays. Great late-night DJ voice, though.

11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

He should start every question with "Green-19!"

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

He's noticably different tonight. Lots more inflection and change of pace. There's nothing this damn guy can't do.

Draft saved Draft deleted