1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Got my first shot last Monday. Pfizer.

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Got my first one (Moderna) yesterday. So far, no issues.
    Anecdotally, I have heard that the J&J packs a wallop, which makes sense.

4. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

Got my second Moderna shot on Friday. Saturday, I could barely pull myself out of bed. My body ached so bad. I slept all day. Finally, by Sunday evening I felt better. Only issue I had after my first shot had been a sore arm for almost two weeks.

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It offers very little protection against the South African variant, unfortunately.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's not ideal but it's not as bad as it sounds. Those vaccines still produce a strong neutralizing antibody response against that variant. Just not as overwhelmingly strong as they do against other variants. And there's way more to immune response than just antibodies.

It does not mean "very little protection."

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm the oldest mo-fo here and I can't get a vaccine to save my old ass.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If it is only 50% effective against the South African and Brazilian strains that's still better than my odds without it. Get the first vax you can, don't mess around and shop for your favored brand.

I've had the first Moderna so that's how I'm rolling.

wicked likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Teachers here are finally eligible to get the shot. Ladyfriend has hers set for Thursday. The site has done both Moderna and J&J, but she has no clue which one this will be. All the kids come back one week from today.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My mom (73) got her second Moderna shot Saturday. Kicked her ass. She's good now. My dad (74) got his on Sunday and so far, so good, but he's still grumpy as hell.

lakefront, HanSenSE, Mngwa and 3 others like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, now I’m playing the vaccine-chasing game as so many pharmacies are getting surplus ones and giving them to anybody who wants regardless of classification. I’m on six lists. Only call I’ve gotten so far was one night when I was closing the store and couldn’t leave. Maybe next time.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted