1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Les Miles and the burner phone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 4, 2021.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Friday night news Miles dump.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Past the point of know return

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All we are is Les in the wind.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

November 18, 2007, that place where the Jayhawk wave finally broke, and rolled back.”

Screenshot_20210305-215838_Samsung Internet.jpg

TigerVols and Liut like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Apparently there was at least one D being coordinated in Baton Rouge last fall.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

LSU went full Baylor at some point.

LSU repeatedly mishandled sexual misconduct investigations within its storied football program, ignoring Title IX and violating university policies in the face of allegations against players and staff members, according to an investigation by an outside law firm released Friday.

The report comes on the heels of revelations Thursday that former LSU football coach Les Miles was the subject of multiple complaints from female students, including allegations he kissed a student and discriminated against female students based on their appearance. Miles was placed on leave from his position at the University of Kansas, pending the university’s own investigation, Kansas’s athletic director announced Friday.

LSU said it would briefly suspend two employees without pay as a result of the report, which was conducted by the law firm Hirsch Blackwell.

“I’m embarrassed of what’s happened in the past,” LSU Athletic Director Scott Woodward said during a board meeting Friday.

The report details a culture within LSU’s athletics department that normalized sex discrimination and stifled abuse claims by routing them through the athletic department rather than the university’s Title IX office, which is supposed to oversee compliance with the federal civil rights law that bars discrimination on college campuses. This was especially true of the 2013 allegations against Miles, which Husch Blackwell found were not handled in accordance with university policy.

While the athletic director wanted to fire Miles in the wake of the allegations in 2013, Husch Blackwell found, the coach remained at LSU for three more years.

“I always think that people are innocent until proven guilty and in this case I believe he’s guilty of insubordination, inappropriate behavior, putting the university, athletic dept. and football program at great risk,” former LSU athletic director Joe Alleva wrote to the university president of firing Miles, according to the report. “I think we have cause.”

It was the university’s mishandling of the Miles allegations, one longtime football staffer told the outside investigators, that fueled a culture of misconduct within LSU’s football program.

“It just baffles me, though, that for so long, this went on and that kind of became the normal, right? And you just don’t talk about it and you don’t say anything, you just kind of go, ’cuz we’re protecting LSU, we’re protecting our brand, we’re protecting our head coach,” the staffer said, according to the report.​

LSU routinely mishandled sexual misconduct claims against football players, report finds

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A story from my old job involved Nick Saban calling the owner of the company up and asking about a lot in a development on the Gulf Coast at Alys Beach.

“I’d really like to get that property,” Saban said.

“That’s great, Nick. It’s $2 million,” the owner said.

“Well, I’d really like to get it.”

“Right. It’s $2 million.”

After a couple more exchanges, the owner realized Saban was really asking him to give the property away for free.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’m surprised no one has mentioned freqposter.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Don't pretend it's never happened. And on a consensual basis.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Quid pro quo is not freely and voluntarily. It’s a contractual situation often imposed by those in authority. 20 year old girl don’t fuck 60 year old men because they find them attractive.

Draft saved Draft deleted