1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 26, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

RIP to the “greatest” hockey dad ever. Met Walter at an event one night and he was really friendly and engaging.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pesce needs to be suspended for that shit. No place for that in the game.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Especially since Fabbri has a history of knee injuries

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fabbri’s history should have nothing to do with it.

ChrisLong and Splendid Splinter like this.
  6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

It's like saying a hit to the head should be worth more to Crosby since he has a history of concussions. A slew foot is a slew foot.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A slew foot is a slew foot, and any slew foot gets punished. But @Jake from State Farm didn't say it should be punished only because Fabbri has had knee problems. I took it as him saying it was a particularly bad slew foot because the guy has had knee problems.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  8. Jake from State Farm

I didn’t mean it should
    Just saying there are unintended consequences

9. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

What's weird is it doesn't seem like Pesce is that kind of player. He only has 115 penalty minutes in 373 career games, which is remarkably low for a defenseman, but I wouldn't be bothered if they gave him 10 games for what he did there (I'm sure it will be less).

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I like the WhalerCanes, but I hate dirty play. And that was not only a dirty play, but especially blatant. The Red Wings apparently have had a number of intimidation-type situations this year without someone to step up and retaliate in kind. I'm not advocating intent to injure, but damn, stick someone on the ice to knock that SOB through the dasher boards every time his skates touch the ice the next time they meet.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

RE: Sutter, saw this on Facebook:
    (SiriusXM NHL Mick Kern) Ducks offered Sutter the head coaching position but he didn’t want to cross the border due to virus.

Sutter has been the senior advisor to Dallas Eakins last season and this season.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake Muzzin slewfoot Anthony Mantha a couple of years ago and nothing happened to him
    Mantha suffered a punctured lung on Muzzin’s takedown

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted