1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Briny Baird transferred to Valdosta State (and won a pair of D-II individual titles there) so we used to have to hunt for him to make sure he got included in the weekend golf agate. Haven’t thought of that name in ages.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's a worse hat than Briny's shown above. Maybe one of Ricky Fowler's stupid Puma hats.
    But that PF Changs straw hat is among the all time worst I've ever seen.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What I remember most about Wittenberg is that he played with Tiger several years ago at The Players when Tiger took a drop that many thought was way too generous, but it was reported that Tiger consulted with his playing partner and it was kosher. Like Casey Wittenberg is going to tell Tiger Woods "your ball actually crossed 100 yards back."

Tighthead likes this.
  5. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

As I recall Johnny Miller at first seemed shocked by the drop, but quickly remembered Tour partner policy and moved on.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I dig Fowler. I read a deal earlier today about when he drove up to Orlando back in 2016 to tell Arnold himself that he wasn't going to play Bay Hill that year. Arnold was disappointed. Later that year, Arnold died. It has stuck with Fowler since then. Hasn't missed a Bay Hill since. I've never been a Puma guy, but their Arnold Palmer Collection is actually pretty sweet.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Raise your hand if you own an Ashworth shirt........

Nope.

Me neither.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Even Ashworth doesn't want you to own Ashworth. He'd tell you to wear Linksoul.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It depends on the cops. Unless he was just driving like a bat out of hell or really being dangerous, they might not cite him. May not be worth it to them to do so especially since he was the only one involved. And mind you I'm basing this on not a whole lot, but from anecdotal understanding of how California cops are, they may not want the trouble.

10. Tighthead

I get that. I was rear ended in Vancouver once and was stunned that the cops didn’t issue a ticket.

In this case though it looks like they are doing a full work up investigation with black box etc. Hating had an article today that seemed to suggest some sort of charge was possible. Apparently getting the black box required a probable cause warrant.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

If you roll your car into a ditch I think probable cause would be easy to establish.

Tighthead likes this.
  12. Tighthead

For sure - almost any single vehicle incident suggests some form of unlawful conduct - careless driving etc.

I realize there must be established case law otherwise, but I would have thought launching your SUV off a dry road at 7 am and nearly killing yourself would support evidence of impairment. Doing that sober is quite a feat.

Draft saved Draft deleted