1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hey!

No one needs to see what I look like.

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is tremendous news.

3. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

It's three days since my second dose - I was able to eat normally yesterday, had a beer with dinner, and fell asleep at 8:45 p.m. Woke up at the usual time, still tired and headachy, but otherwise back to normal. Took 600 mg ibuprofen with breakfast, now I'm just a little tired.

Please, go get vaccinated. You almost certainly won't have the reaction I had, especially if you get the J&J single dose vaccine. The sooner you get vaccinated, the sooner we all get back to haunting press boxes to eat warm hot dogs on stale buns at halftime.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'll go the second I get the text/email from the health department telling me it's my turn. My 74-year-old mom is getting her first dose today, so I'm happy for that.

5. Jerry-atric

Great news, but remember to continue to mask and social distance. You are likely still able to transmit the virus to others.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I can't.

Not even on March 24, because I haven't "smoked 100 cigarettes in my lifetime."

In NC, if you’ve smoked at least 100 cigarettes in your lifetime, you can get vaccinated starting March 24 | CBS 17

By the time I become eligible, it will be like shooting a Nazi on May 7, 1945. Did my part, but . . .

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I got the vaccine because I'm a first responder in my town. I assure you, I'm going to be wearing a mask until I'm told not to by competent authorities.

wicked and Jerry-atric like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I do think Texas (and others) are being premature in fully opening this soon. I like the phased approach Virginia is taking and I think we'll be close to fully open by May, but right now isn't the time to go Katie Bar The Door on this.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Jerry-atric

I will not feel comfortable until U.S. daily deaths are near zero. Is that over-cautious?

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. This disease will not be eradicated. You may as well turtle in your house forever.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted