1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. I Care A Lot.
    Netflix original. OUTSTANDING!!!!!

I really enjoyed it. The trailer hooked me and the movie kept me.
    Abhorrent people throughout the movie.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Towering Inferno

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Miss Congeniality — which is 21 years old! I had never watched it, but like in almost everything I've seen her in, Bullock is cute and funny.

Before that, Monsters Inc. with the kids for Friday Movie Night. I had seen that one before.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    OscarMadison likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It’s not going to stimulate your brain, but Tom and Jerry was a fun watch.

Lots of cat and mouse violence wrapped around a cliched story.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Minari- as an Asian kid who grew up in 70s, its dead on; look beyond the language and its the classic American immigrant story, Polish/Italian/Arab/Mexican

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

2/3 of Breakdown with Kurt Russell and the late, sometimes great, J.T. Walsh.

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

StarCrash: one of the more bizarre Star Wars ripoffs of all time. I’ve heard about it, read about it, finally watched it.

— I hope Christopher Plummer bought himself something nice with the check he got for about 20 lines and five minutes of screen time.
    — it features a young David Haselhoff, but his acting skills are crushed by the special effects.
    — the special effects suck.
    — Stella Star, the main character, goes around in outfits that makes Barbarella look like she was in The Sounds of Music. Even when she goes into space, her outfit is translucent so you don’t miss her bikini underneath.
    — there is a robot with a southern twang that I assume is supposed to be comic relief. I think.
    — the lone person who seems to be trying is the actor playing the character name Akton, who serves the purpose of explaining the plot to the audience and the deus ex machina for every tough situation. He is played by a former child preacher whose was one of the first to show the dirty side of the revival industry when he reached his 20s. He coined a phrase, “I’m bad, but I’m not evil” during a documentary on his life that won an Oscar.
    — there is not one funny scene in the movie and the dialogue sounds like the original schlock dialogue Lucas came up with in the early Star Wars drafts.
    — I am convinced that Stella Star’s outfits inspired the infamous metal bikini for Princess Leia in ROTJ.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Greenland - Gerard Butler; just a tad more believable than The Rock in San Andreas (Rock somehow rescues ex-wife and daughter in SF from LA notwithstanding catastrophic earthquake).

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

A Map of Tiny Perfect Things on Amazon. A time loop/boy meets girl story.

Okay, though the ending was too sentimental for me.

10. Chet the Jet

Chet the Jet Member

Superbly done

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My day camp took our group to see that on a rainy day. When I was 7.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Coming 2 America.
    Great.

Draft saved Draft deleted