1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I've always gotten the feeling that those "Legends" contracts are for minimal money. At least from a very quick Google search, it looks to be something like a $10k holding contract, with more if you're making appearances at events or on TV, or somebody like Ric Flair.

Batman likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Is there anyone who makes you cringe the moment they appear on screen? For me, anytime I see Cameron Grimes, I know I’m not going to like the segment or find it funny. Maybe only when he had the haunted house match with Dexter Loomis did I find him redeeming.

4. nietsroob17

Retribution.

They've butchered the storyline so badly, it's past the point of no return and borderline Wrestlecrap material.

Dominik Dijakovic, who was one of the hottest acts in NXT, has been lowered to being a lumbering oaf. Meanwhile, Mia Yim, who should be a regular in the women's title picture, has been reduced to being nothing more than a valet, and the few times she's gotten action, she's 1) faked a seizure and 2) Shockmastered herself, with the broadcast crew feigning stupidity by not knowing who she was.

Ali has had some great promos when he's been on the more off-the-cuff shows like Raw Talk, but a lot have been cringe.

And Dio Maddin and Shane Thorne are probably dead in the water when this thing is over.

I'm just ready for the inevitable moment when they all turn on Ali as they realize they're bigger than him, like the Monstars on the loudmouth manager in Space Jam.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Oz likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not just borderline. They are the 2020 Gooker Award winner.

http://wrestlecrap.com/inductions/gookerwin

Oz and nietsroob17 like this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I cringe at Naomi. The music and the dancing just take me back to the funkadactyls

Oz likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

Somewhere, Nicholas sheds a tear.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Started thinking back about Randy Orton's various championship reigns, and it struck me that he has dropped the belt to some real curiosities in WWE championship history: The Miz, Daniel Bryan (twice), Jinder Mahal, Christian, Mark Henry and Drew McIntyre.
    All except Jinder will probably be Hall of Famers some day, but it's just weird how many one- or two-timers are on that list, or guys that gained some extra legitimacy by beating Orton, and how for a large chunk of the last 10 years he's become the company's go-t0 transitional champion. Only one of his reigns since 2010 has lasted longer than two months.

9. nietsroob17

Wow. They actually gave the belt to Lashley. Cool.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So much for Miz’s title reign. Somewhere, Stan Stasiak is nodding his head.

Af least Miz can always say he was a two-time WWE champ. Even if he won both of them with MITB.

Lashley could be a great champion, but I doubt he holds the belt past WM.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Pretty incredible for a guy who was bending over slapping his ass cheeks, doing the worst this is your life segment ever and marrying Lana.

MVP deserves so much credit for making this all happen and Lashley deserves a you deserve it chant. Its gonna hard to make him a heel now, even though thats the obvious path with Drew.

That was a HELL of a match between Drew and Sheamus too. Itll get lost in the shuffle, wont get any credit, but those two big bastards bumped like crazy for like 3 segments. That ws a banger....we have no idea how lucky we are to see the quality of matches we do every week

12. nietsroob17

Draft saved Draft deleted