1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I'm off Kelsey Grammer. He's icky. He used his fame to help pass some stupid law in FL that on it's surface is supposed to help shield the victims of crimes, but in reality stops the public from learning about crimes.

OscarMadison, Wenders and sgreenwell like this.
  3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We watched the first two episodes of “Amend: The Fight for America” on Netflix. It examines the history and significance of the Fourteenth Amendment. Will Smith, Pedro Pascal, Samuel L. Jackson and a bunch more well-known folks narrate the story.

So far, it has been very well done.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"Lady and the Dale" on HBOMax is a bizarre watch. Builds up the transgender lede as a sympathetic character even though she was a career criminal that took her entire family along for the ride.

5. Started Snowfall on Hulu.

I like it. Only one episode in.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Dear God. I've reviewed two Kristin Hannah books. They were outstripped in badness by a comic I had to read by Soy Bomb that gave me a headache. I love watching Chalke and Heigl, but not in something based on a book by Hannah.

As for TRW: I love Heather B.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really dislike the CIA guy in Snowfall - I just don't buy the character, seems more like a used car salesman, but the rest of the cast is great and love all the '80s stuff.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We started watching Last Tango in Halifax. Very well written and acted show.

Dyno and Neutral Corner like this.
  9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

He kind of looks like Aaron Rodgers. I don’t mind him, but he is generally disliked by fans.

It’s a good show. I’ll likely have to rewatch by the time season 4 comes out.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Happy that Sudeikis won for Ted Lasso.

Lotta heart in that character.

Wenders, OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  11. Golden Globe to the late Chadwick Boseman. Prayers up and RIP.

Wenders and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Watched the first 2 episodes of Punky Brewster reboot.

Punky 2.0 plays the part well enough. She's basically another Drew Barrymore.

Freddie Prinze Jr. is miscast as grown Punky's ex-husband.

Punky has 3 kids, a teenage daughter of her own and 2 adopted black brothers, the younger one, maybe 11, is experimenting with his sexuality i.e. lipstick, painting his nails.

And Cherry's back as a foster care manager who's the one who brought grown Punky and Punky 2.0 together. One of the scenes is quite touching and well done.

The show on a whole is formulaic and not all that great but I'm 2 episodes in and will probably see it thru the end of the season.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted