1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Wow thats really clever on their part. Well done

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Way back in his first title reign, I remember he made a point of turning the logo on a microphone upside down to symbolize the WWE was his now.

On another note, I love how on the second Raw of Miz's title reign they're making him put up the title. Meanwhile, Brock Lesnar went months without even showing up with the title and others have gotten to skip the occasional PPV in favor of a No. 1 contender's match. Hell, I think even Jinder Mahal got to wait until the next PPV before he had to defend it.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Wullll listen, are you gonna go up to tell Brock that he HAS to defend his title? :D #kayfabe

Batman likes this.
  4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Why the hell is Strowman coming to the ring with work gloves on his belt? Is he going to help take down the ring after his match?

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember that too, and I still chuckle when I see the microphone with the upside down logo on it.

Funny thing is, I remember that, but I recall someone recently made a joke about it on Miz TV, and I can’t recall who that was.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Thats a surprise

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Stunning. I figured he had fully transitioned into the entertainer part of his career, and was probably on one of those sweet pseudo-lifetime Legends contracts with the WWE. Didn't he have a current show on the WWE Network?
    And what kind of in-ring stuff will he, or can he, do with AEW? Can he still work a reasonably full schedule? Be a manager or heavy hitter type for one of the factions?

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

His show was a Netflix sitcom that was canceled after one season.

This role is going to be primarily a commentary/mentorship duty, with some in-ring stuff. After his hip surgeries in recent years, he's said he's in pretty good shape, and I'm sure he can work a match here or there.

Batman likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Get him on the mic for AEW Dark to be ready for the big show in a few years?

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

He's going to be on the mic for a new YouTube show called Dark: Elevation that features indie talent and the more green AEW talent.

In the grand scheme of things, I think this could be a coup for AEW. He's got great personality for the commentary, and he can still do a little in the ring. I think the only guy on the roster who might come close to him in size is Lance Archer.

Maybe they work him into the Cody/Shaq deal as a callback to that WWE feud and prospective WrestleMania match.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

All I know is, they better have a tie-in with him and the Go Big Show.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't know what Show has left, but I'd think he would be fun as the new Exalted One for the Dark Order. He could do some funny things with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted