1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Holy crud, I love Regina King, but outside of the "birthday party sketch"and Pelaton "ad" (which were hilarious), only the backhalf was watchable - Filonia and the "elbow" sketch made me think SNL has upped its budget for the writing staff.

2. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Three straight pleasant weeks. Not strong, great or memorable but pleasant. Even though I had no idea who this week's host was, I enjoyed all of the episodes and got a few good laughs out.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Britney/Cuomo/Cruz open was good.

And the Loco short was excellent.

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I thought the previous two were awful. This one was not bad. I laughed. It was nice to have a break from politics.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Just a whole bunch of "meh" lately. Typically, there is one very good sketch per show - like the Zillow ad, or the guys in a bar singing to that teenager's song - but the rest is really forgettable. I feel like its more on the writing though, because when I see or hear the cast on other stuff, like Comedy Bang Bang, they're often funny.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SNL has always been a lot of meh blended with great skits. No single episode has ever had bangers from start to finish.

7. DanOregon

The bachelor party video from last week was too true. Attended a few bachelor parties with friends that included people from the bride's side of the family. Kind of a weird vibe.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Loved the bit with Maya as Kamala, but that should've been the cold open.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mr. Scarlett absolutely raked Matt Gaetz over the coals on Weekend Update. It was a beautiful thing.

10. DanOregon

The Kaluuya episode was as solid as the Rudolph one was dull (outside of the BoomerVax video). Kaluuya should really do more comedy, he was quite good. The sketches seemed fresher and less rote and just more energy. The video about the clanging in the kitchen while other people are trying to play a game was too true.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The titanic iceberg bit was funny in an otherwise pretty bad episode.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted