1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Director of Communications, Norfolk Tides

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Cosmo, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And saw this today as well ... holy heck that's a long list of responsibilities.

Employment Opportunities

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Relevant Skills
    • Able to fully function on four hours sleep every day

3. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Writer, graphic designer, video editor, communications director, website manager, personnel manager, advertising supervisor, marketing liaison.

Pretty light workload.

maumann likes this.
  4. This alone is a full-time job:
    • Responsible for design and content of all team publications, including gameday program, media guide, schedules, brochures, baseball cards and marketing materials.

There are 14 additional bulleted items.

HanSenSE and RonClements like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Working nights and weekends is required? I'm out.

RonClements and Tarheel316 like this.
  6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

All for the salary of $18K plus all the ballpark hotdogs and popcorn you can stomach

maumann likes this.
  7. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Probably have cutdown...probably only stale popcorn. No hotdogs, those are for the players!

maumann likes this.
  8. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I'd think that's accurate. There's no way this job pays more than $25K. It's been a long time (20 years) since I worked in the minor leagues, but since then, every comms director/broadcaster who's been willing to tell me their salary has been making somewhere between $20K and $25K as a base - which is what I was making 20-some years ago. Sure, they get commission if they sell group tickets or sponsorships, but they rarely have time to do that.

maumann and Liut like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted