1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But remember, it’s the libruhl Dummycrats who are elitists.

garrow and Driftwood like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

AWK-wa-a-a-a-a-ard.

OscarMadison, TowelWaver and garrow like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Surprised he didn’t have an oil and gas industry executive fly him and his family on the executive’s private plane in order to avoid hanging with the commoners and being photographed.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Looks like Ted’s neighbors aren’t fans.

Why would some texts be released?

His wife’s texts.

6. Machine Head

The Cruz family poodle picture out on Twitter makes me conflicted.

I don’t know as it should be posted, but I want to go rescue the poor doggo

So conflicted

7. Machine Head

I mean I’m sure they have a house sitter, but the poor thing is looking for an out it seems.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There need to be some loud Democrats pointedly questioning why the American taxpayers are supporting Texas when they won’t support themselves. If you save them today, there’s no incentive for them to work harder and save for a rainy or snowy day.

9. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Do you think Ted Cruz is literally powerless to do something to help constituents of his who are literally freezing to death? If he really is powerless, what is the point of having senators? If he is not actually powerless, why isn't he doing something, anything that might help? Why do people of a certain political leaning have the attitude that there's nothing he can do or nothing he should be doing? What do they think having/being a senator is for? He's one of two senators for the whole goddamn state! He's their representative to the federal government! If you think there's nothing you can do to help your state during an emergency, let somebody else be senator.

The politics from progressives are, "the people who are entrusted with power should exercise that power to help the people who are their constituents." Why does that seem to be such a radical idea to you?

Cosmo, Gutter, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, I know what was going on there. Whoever prepared the stuff for Congressman Pfcknuckles, was trying to key in on payment for order flow (great populist issue). Citadel buys order flow from retail brokers who now all offer commission-free trades and make their money selling the order flow. As an aside, they all used to sell their order flow and charge commissions, but Robinhood actually forced them to compete with its commission-free trading model.

Schwab, eTrade, Ameritrade, etc. all sell their order flow. The exception -- as a technicality -- is Fidelity. And that is what whoever wrote the questions for the Congressman was trying to get at, I think, even though he had no clue.

FWIW, the reason Fidelity doesn't have to sell its order flow the way those other retail brokerages do. ... is that Fidelity has its own off-exchange dark pool for serving its institutional clients. So why would it sell the order flow to Citadel, when it can use it to benefit its institutional clients?

I was listening to that ridiculous exchange and I thought Griffin was really restrained. A Fidelity customer doesn't get any better execution on a trade than a Robinhood customer. As much as these idiots see a populist issue to milk, this isn't that difficult to understand. If someone offers you something for free, it means you are the product and someone else is the customer. Both Robinhood and Fidelity offer free trades.

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The RWNJs are crying about mainstream media ignoring The Lincoln Project scandal
    The problem is we never trusted them
    We knew they were the Swift Boat guys
    We were happy to have their help to beat Trump but we never trusted them

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted