1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Because Ted Cruz humiliating himself makes perfect sense when the surest path to the
    presidency starts with humiliating Ted Cruz.

DanielSimpsonDay and Webster like this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have had the Congressional hearing with the financial services committee on for the last couple of hours.

They have Ken Griffin (Citadel), Vlad Tenev (Robinhood), Steve Huffman (Reddit), and the Roaring Kitty dude from the Reddit subboard.

Unfortunately, I am never surprised at how f'in dumb and uninformed so many Congresspeople are. It's one thing that they are going to grandstand for whatever nonsensical populist measures they want. But put that aside. It's amazing how many ridiculously dumb people get elected to Congress.

champ_kind and heyabbott like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Vermont is burning up.

A few years ago, the Vermont Dem Party's operations manager quit after embezzling $20K.

Last summer, the VDP's chair cited health reasons for resigning.

Last week, the VDP's affairs and outreach director, who previously worked on Mayor Pete's campaign, quit the VDP because of it's "toxic" culture.

A few days ago, the VDP's executive director quit, likely because of what happened with the affairs and outreach guy.

Today, the 19-year-old chair of Burlington's GOP quit after he called out Trumpists who in turn tried to oust him.

Vermont's progs meanwhile want to decriminalize prostitution because it's racist and also bleed the rich.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m certain he does. His wife gave up a very lucrative career in private wealth management for the sake of his political career.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

By the way ... he just left his 13 year old daughter in Cancun?

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

This makes me a bit sad because I imagine that this is sort of what Bob from “Bob’s Burgers” would look like if he were bitten by a werewolf.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Let’s understand, she got clients and kept them for ‘wealth management’ because of her connections to both the Bush family and Texas politics.
    if she looks anything like her parents, she could walk into any Mexican prison, spend the weekend in general population, and leave untouched.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No habla Q Anon. #wherearethechildren

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We're talking about someone who didn't defend his father or his wife when Trump went after them. Hell, he joined his team. Did everything but wave pompons and put on a cheerleader outfit duing 1/6. Throwing his kids under the bus has become perfectly natural for Cruz.

garrow, 2muchcoffeeman and Wenders like this.
  12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Stand down, everyone

I just saw the video of Ted explaining all this and he was just being a good dad and is going back to working hard for the people of Texas

Carry on

Draft saved Draft deleted