1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm still pissed about seeing Soviet sailors in uniform buying Nirvana CDs at the Navy Exchange in Norfolk.
    "Seriously? Two months ago I was staring across the open ocean at you sons-of-bitches, and now I'm behind you in the checkout."

Of course, that doesn't even compare to dealing with Greek sailors at McDonald's in Charleston.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I feel like this is the original vision the Parks & Recreation people had for Ron Swanson before realizing they couldn’t have a comedy for very long if they took the character through his natural progression.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna, Gutter and Driftwood like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I had a wreck that same New Year’s Eve. Still gots two arms, though.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In case anybody doesn't want to click the link to see Body's comments from when he quit as mayor, read on. Watching this guy cry and squirm over what he brought on himself is truly entertaining.

Full text from second post

All, I have set back and watched all this escalating and have tried to keep my mouth shut! I won’t deny for one minute what I said in my post this morning. Believe me when I say that many of the things I said were taken out of context and some of which were said without putting much thought in to it. I would never want to hurt the elderly or anyone that is in true need of help to be left to fend for themselves. I was only making the statement that those folks that are too lazy to get up and fend for themselves but are capable should not be dealt a handout. I apologize for the wording and some of the phrases that were used! I had already turned in my resignation and had not signed up to run for mayor again on the deadline that was February 12th! I spoke some of this out of the anger that the city and county was catching for situations which were out of their control. Please understand if I had it to do over again I would have just kept my words to myself and if I did say them I would have used better wording and been more descriptive.

The anger and harassment you have caused my wife and family is so undeserved....my wife was laid off of her job based off the association people gave to her and the business she worked for. She’s a very good person and was only defending me! But her to have to get fired from her job over things I said out of context is so horrible. I admit, there are things that are said all the time that I don’t agree with; but I would never harass you or your family to the point that they would lose there livelihood such as a form of income.

I ask that you each understand I never meant to speak for the city of Colorado City or Mitchell county! I was speaking as a citizen as I am NOT THE MAYOR anymore. I apologize for the wording and ask that you please not harass myself or my family anymore!

Threatening our lives with comments and messages is a horrible thing to have to wonder about. I won’t share any of those messages from those names as I feel they know who they are and hope after they see this they will retract the hateful things they have said!

Thank you

Tim Boyd(citizen)

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Smells Like Soviet Spirit ...

heyabbott and Driftwood like this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Gee, and he seemed like such a badass in the original post.

The sniveling follow-up is pretty hilarious.

lakefront and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If it hadn’t been two albums, it’s an all-timer.

Axl’s ego precluded that.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Apparently if you mess with Texas it falls down like a fainting goat.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Parish? The weak will parish? They going to church?
    Lots of stupid out there

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The Sunday sermon cures all ... or something like that ...

Draft saved Draft deleted