1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Rock & Roll HOF induction nominee screechfest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Feb 10, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

1986 Belinda Carlisle was by her own admission using more cocaine than an ‘80s Miami Ferrari dealership.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It's a helluva drug.
    So I've been told.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Ferrari dealerships in Miami, we were talking the other day what we would do if we won a couple hundred mill in lotto......

That would be one. Walk into a Ferrari dealership in Miami right after plunking down 5 mill or so on a place there, then walk into the dealership and just say "I've got 2 million in cash to spend on 3 new Ferrari's.....who wants to sell them to me?"
    Watch the salesmen fly out of their offices like bats out of Joan Rivers' vagina. #gilbertgottfried

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

David Johansen, Debbie Harry, Thurston Moore Join Sylvain Sylvain Tribute Show

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Massive oversight when you think of some of the bands inducted.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I also have heard that the Go-Go's...umm...entertained groupies after shows. Why did I not know that piece of information when I took a date to see the Go-Go's at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth in 1983? I could have saved the money I spent on her ticket and then had a little run after the show.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wonder if Belinda ever passed Mike Marshall the straw.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’m under the impression that the Go-Gos’ male groupies were gay.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Fun Go-Go's anecdote...

My friend's wife is a makeup artist. The Go-Go's did a reunion show in town at a pretty big event and hired her to do their makeup pre-show. She went to the resort where they were staying, did the makeup for four of them... and then had to cross the resort to do Belinda's makeup, because the rest of the band insisted her room be as far from them as possible.

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Nirvana, which I loathe, seems like it was around 100 years ago. Foos, who I love, seem almost new. Probably because they're still relevant.

11. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Once again, where the hell is Pat Benatar?

I Should Coco and FileNotFound like this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

With the children, in hell.

Draft saved Draft deleted