1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes, but I'm also mocking how vociferously certain members called us crazy for suggesting the article was crap.

wicked, SFIND and tapintoamerica like this.
  2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, it was possible enough for WHO to seriously look into the hypothesis.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Is it possible for you to quit your act?

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

In SC my hubby, in the 65t group, will be waiting until late April, early May. I was hoping to feel safer if he had it, my sister and her husband are in process of getting it. I really would have felt better if he had it. Anyone else feel like that? Feel safer by a bunch when someone you live with has been vaccinated?

Bill Maher had two guests, experts on the covid, say they figured all along that it was from a lab and gave a logical reason. I will dig for that.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think Biden will easily fly past the goal of 100M in his first 100 days (which is May 1). By that point, counting all vaccinations and what by then should be about 40-45M recoveries from Captain Trumps, we'll be more than halfway to Moo-town. Another couple of months after that and we'll be there.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just read an amazing stat, the Seahawks had ZERO positive tests. Congrats to that organization.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The ladyfriend’s district is starting to bring middle school kids back full-time March 1. They’re hybrid (two in school, three at home) at present. I saw that NYC is bringing back middle schoolers as of Feb. 25.

You’ve waited this long, can’t you at least wait to vaccinate the teachers first?

I was listening to a little of the school committee meeting where they were discussing bringing the kids back. The administrators really think that families and students will be honest about whether they’ve been out of state, whether a sibling has COVID, etc. It’s so naive and so cute. She was just telling me today about a kid who went out of state to go skiing and didn’t tell anyone about the trip until he’d been in school for a day and let it slip.

I hope they have better plans in place for the next pandemic.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

One of the things we have learned is how deep the contempt for teachers runs in this country. Trumpists demonize public schools yet demand that kids return to them. Why? Because Trumpists view teachers as babysitters.

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That’s horseshit. We know there is a latency period before serious symptoms or any symptoms. Based on the number of students of mine who had/have it or have family members who had/have it, it’s not if but when one of us would get it at the school. I don’t envy the teachers in your district. And I’m thanking God for my union.

My sister’s district has just enough Trumpers and are starting to make noise about returning. The district originally said they would return when vaccines were available but they fucked up messaging to parents so now school will reopen in a month for those who want to opt in. No plan. No idea how bussing will work. And the union is a piece of shit. Thank God my sister got the vaccine in a glitch so she may be better off than some.

My thoughts for those teachers.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is a really interesting read.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Assuming you're referring to the NYT article. Turns out some good leadership and a heaping helping of Pete Carroll's rah-rah shit was a great strategy.

12. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Here in Virginia, we registered with the state and the local health department for any notifications, etc. Crickets. Chain drug stores opened registration for appointments Tuesday morning. They start giving the shots on Friday and I was able to get appointments for my wife and I for this weekend. We have to drive a little bit out of our way, but we aren't complaining.

OscarMadison, lakefront, Dyno and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted