1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

No problem with Wade at 26. Kawhi at 25 and Giannis at 27 may be a stretch but that’s only because of a lack of longevity at this point. Both could end up top 20 very easily in five years.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Did he love his daughters, though? Hell did he even have any daughters? #Kobe4Eva

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Two daughters. Three sons.

How many sons did Kobe have?

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They don’t matter.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Eerily similar results to the crash that killed my sister and her family, only that instead of fog, it was night and they too ran into some weather. Got what's called spatial disorientation. The NTSB conclusion is exactly what I expected as soon as this happened last year.

A tragic accident. Shouldn't have been flying. Same with my sister's family.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of money behind the pressure to blame the dead pilot. As the article infers, the investigators don’t know what kind of pressure was applied for the pilot to fly into the fog.

Liut likes this.
  8. MileHigh

Agreed. And they most likely will never know what kind of pressure was applied.

We retraced my sister/BIL's steps the night they flew and we'll never know why they decided to go instead of waiting until the morning. My parents have beaten themselves up for not insisting on that. But Jeff was pretty hard-headed. He was bound to fly that night -- for whatever reasons.

maumann and Liut like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still selling shoes despite his death.

10. MileHigh

Seriously??

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sigh.

I apologize. I didn't think about you being in the thread, and I damn well should have.

12. MileHigh

Thanks. Even if I wasn't in it, let's (try to) not be flippant. Families are impacted by this stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted