1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom vs. Patrick -- Super Bowl LV thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Some other notes:
    • Chiefs become the third team to get saddled with a virtual shutout (no touchdowns) in the Super Bowl, and the second in three seasons. They're the first of the three to do it while scoring more than three points.
    • Brady is the first player to win a Super Bowl MVP with two teams.
    • This is the first time in Brady's 10 Super Bowls that the winning points were not scored in the fourth quarter.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Does he know how much you hate his team? :)

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ugh I forgot just how awful Super Bowl 53 was.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The defense was the difference in the game, but I have no problem with the award going to Brady. He was damn near perfect in the first half, when Tampa took control of the game, and barely had to throw the ball after his team's first drive of the second half.

5. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Dewey defeats Truman.

Central-KY-Kid likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Here’s what the Kansas City O-line heard on the phone call:

“Let the edge rushers ... run free ... Caddies Day at Bushwood ... grab some sleep.”

garrow, Batman and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with Brady, either. Until White got a few tackles and the last pick in garbage time to pad his stats there was no one person who was dominating the game for them, or even who you could point to as the guy who had the best game for them. In cases like that it always defaults to the quarterback, especially when they have a solid game like Brady did.
    In the original post I was spitballing potential MVP candidates and for whatever reason JC seemed to think it was outrageous to even consider anyone other than Brady.

11. Neutral Corner

I tried to count masks but the only one I saw was below the guy's chin.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's not outrageous to think there might have been somebody else who was deserving of the award.

But who was actually going to win the award? Not a chance in hell it was going to anyone but Brady.

Draft saved Draft deleted