1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Best coverage I've seen yet of the early days of COVID-19 and Chinese government's response.

If you have the time, watch this Frontline:

China's COVID Secrets

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nothing more predictable than the New York Times' newsletter opening with a Super Bowl party superspreader doom piece this morning. I'm having the same four people that I've been hanging out with since March over to watch the game, so I think we're safe.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just me, Alice, my son and his fiancee. They've been here since just before New Year's, so we're safe as long as the guys at the liquor store and barbeque food truck stay healthy.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I'm furious at COVID for ruining our annual Super Bowl poker game. Joke.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm furious at COVID for making it damn difficult to find a simple mug shot on the wire anymore.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We are taking a risk. A good friend is having her birthday in a couple weeks and me and the ladyfriend are going to meet her in the Catskills. We’re all doing tests before leaving. Luckily our town is now doing resident testing and it was relatively easy to get an appointment. Said friend has been taking care of a family member and really wants a break, but we don’t want to risk getting her sick. I will probably try to find somewhere to get a rapid test when I get back, as town limits to you a test every two weeks. I see so few people otherwise that I’m not super worried.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Just got an appointment for shot # 1 at 2:50 p.m. Friday at a mobile clinic at the Microville Tech football stadium! Whoop whoop!

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

My very old mother just got the first shot. They called out of the blue and said they had an extra dose and she went down there in her pajamas.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Went to the doc for my annual physical yesterday, the first time I’ve seen him since Nov. 2019, when I was hospitalized with a super-high fever (which I mentioned upthread) among other issues. He agreed that my symptoms from that undiagnosed virus appear to coincide with COVID and he mentioned something I forgot, which was that chest scans showed nodules on my lungs.

I went for bloodwork today to test for COVID antibodies. I have to go for another scan next week to check my lungs.

Draft saved Draft deleted