1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP John Chaney

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Jan 29, 2021.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

How about a photo of John Chaney and Bethune-Cookman legend Cy McClairen playing in the 1953 NIBT final against TSU? cychaney.jpg

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's a great story. The mother mentioned reminded me of the story last week about a respected black policeman (Deputy Sheriff? Not stopping to look it up) who died last week in Louisiana. He was in a mixed marriage, and his wife set up a funeral at the local cemetery, only to find once they got there that it had a "whites only" clause left over from the bad old days. In the ensuing stink, the clause was done away with and he was buried there.

I connect the two because one of the details in the story was that he and his wife had fostered 72 children, taken them out of the system and gave them a home for as long as they could. I can't think of many things that better gauge his character... or Mrs. Brokenborough's.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted