1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom vs. Patrick -- Super Bowl LV thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 24, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Brady + 3 1/2

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The Fisher injury is massive, especially with the way the Bucs can put Jason Pierre-Paul and Shaq Barrett off the edges. They have been giving starting tackles a hard time this playoff so with backups on both sides K.C. is going to have to do some work with protection. That being said they have two weeks to figure it out and I'm guessing they will use a lot of two-TE sets.

The Bucs decided to cover Hill one-on-one in the first game and it was an awful idea. Hill had over 200 yards receiving in the first quarter. I doubt they will make the same mistake twice, but that leaves Kelce in a spot where he can rack up big yards on them. If they put too big of an emphasis on stopping Hill, I think they can work some stuff in with Hardman, Watkins and Pringle and get big plays that way. As long as the Chiefs can figure out their protection issues I think they can get downfield on the Bucs.

sgreenwell and misterbc like this.
  3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If you recall, protection problems are why the Chefs had only 10 points midway through the fourth quarter of last year's Super Bowl. Then they hit one big play and were off to the races.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Wondering if my Jacksonville friends are happy for Leonard Fournette and Blaine Gabbert

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Best Super Bowl QB match ups, not in any order? (Not that they play against each other)
    Montana v Elway
    Elway v Farve
    Rogers v Rothlisberger
    Staubach v Bradshaw
    Tarkenton v Bradshaw
    Starr v Lamonica
    Starr v Dawson
    Stabler v Tarkenton
    Montana v Marino
    Aikman v Kelly
    Wilson v Manning, but Manning was a shadow of himself.
    Brees v Manning
    Brady v Warner
    Brady v Wilson

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer to this, but Jesus - Tom Brady has played in 20 percent of all Super Bowls ever.

That's staggering.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, 18 percent (counting this year's game).

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Namath vs. Unitas (for a quarter-plus)

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Give that man a hand!

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. He was MVP that year. Led the league in completions, yards (5,477, still an NFL record) and touchdowns (55, still an NFL record). Posted his second-highest QB rating.

That GAME got away from him and the Broncos in a nanosecond, but . . .

heyabbott, Batman and MileHigh like this.
  12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I was rounding.

But can this be said of any other single player in any other sport with a long-standing championship event?

Draft saved Draft deleted