1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom vs. Patrick -- Super Bowl LV thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

More like when he walks through the door you expect him to win. Now, is he on the way there? Without a doubt. But you don't get this after three seasons.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was in Michael Jordan's second season that he laid 63 on the '86 Celtics, still the playoff record. I was at that game, and let me assure you I, not to mention Larry Bird, felt we were watching the real thing.
    Mahomes career record as a full-time starter is 45-11. That indicates you OUGHT to expect him to win.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When he takes the Lions to the Super Bowl, he'll be the real thing.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What do you expect from him then?

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Are Rodgers, Brees, Marino, and Manning the real thing? If not, then why is Brady the real thing? The answer rhymes with wren.

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Both teams main concern going into the Super Bowl is 2PT conversions. :D

swingline and BTExpress like this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What on earth does this mean?

sgreenwell and JC like this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It means that under the pressure, Brady somehow wins. That, to me, is being the real thing.

I know he threw picks yesterday, but somehow he's going to #10.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The Chefs came back from deficits of 10 points or more in every playoff game last season. They were down 20-10 midway through the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl and faced third-and-15 from their own 35.

Mahomes suggested they run "Wasp," then went out and made the play of the season, throwing that bomb to Hill as he was getting hit.

KC ended up winning by double digits.

Mahomes is the real thing.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

BTW, does this mean you don't think Rodgers, Brees, Marino and Manning are the real thing?

JC likes this.
  11. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

I don't care what happens. If it's a 4-3 final or 72-68, I'll be looking for something else to do. Maybe I'll go to my clubhouse's golf simulator and play Pebble Beach.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Have fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted