1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

My man.

Totally agree. The gameplay mechanics and feel of MM are better than the first game, without question. Some of the suit powers make you OP but I don't mind that (I like games but I'm not a gamer looking for the Dark Souls challenge).

BTW, Cyberpunk 2077 already hitting the $30-$35 price tag. What a waste.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

How kid-appropriate is the Miles Morales game?

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So my seventh-grade daughter has been on a Switch primarily. We share a five-star island on ACNH. My house is at 160,000. :)

I got her Zelda on Black Friday almost a year ago and she decided to give it a go over the holidays, and let's just say Zelda is a total gateway game.

Now for her birthday, she wants a desktop to play Genshin and up her Minecraft game. I already have a guy who will build the PC for her and upgrade it as she grows.

Zelda...

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

My 13-year-old played a lot, and I mean a lot, of Minecraft over time but never transitioned into other games until I finally let him have Fortnite this past summer with COVID nonsense and everything else. He's freaking addicted to Fortnite, go figure, but it is also a good avenue for him to be social with friends. But it did give him the motivation to try BOTW again, he did a while ago and never really got far, and he's completed the story two times now -- took me like three months! (Granted I did a lot more playthrough than he did.) He also got Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity for Christmas and enjoys it. So Fortnite was kind of his gateway to others interestingly enough. But it's also still his priority. He almost only plays on the Switch because he can take it wherever.

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

How young of a kid? I'll admit, I still haven't gotten to it, but if it is along the lines of Spider-Man it should be fine. My 9-year-old hasn't played but watches me play and I have no issues with it, cartoony and super hero violence. Nothing gory.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Also great about Miles Morales - it memes really well.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It’s fine, I think. I let my 8-year-old play it. Some instances of saying hell or damn, but I don’t recall anything worse.

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Thank you for the responses. The video-game freak is 6, he can't help who made him. And Spider-Man is his deity, not David Krieg.

We do a few of the Lego games, but smashing a guy into pieces is smashing someone into pieces.

There's a free game on the server called King's Quest, we play the shit out of that too.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

PS5 still nowhere to be found in these parts. Disappointing. Have the money set aside but I'm not willing to drop a grand on eBay for it.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

King's Quest like the old Sierra game?

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You need to follow certain Twitter accounts. They get word a few minutes before drops. I saw the tweet at 3:07 for a 3:10 drop.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Indeed. It's smart and fun. Good for a kid.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted