1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL conference championship Sunday thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One more thing about Mahomes. He's young and since he's not a fuckup, his life hasn't had a chance to get that complicated yet. Tom Brady is way more controversial now than he was when he was Mahomes' age, when he too had already won a Super Bowl, because as life goes on, people make choices, and if you're famous, some people will hate those choices.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Mahomes is on twitter. i only know because I saw he said something nice or funny about Henne.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Allen also not a staple on ESPN.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just wait until they have "protection problems" some playoff game. :)

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Actually, yes.

Roland of Gilead and Alma like this.
  6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He's on Twitter. I know because anytime a player does something great, the announcers breathlessly read what Mahomes just tweeted about him.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Tom Brady at Mahomes' age right now is only about 18 months from the Moynahan-Gisele drama

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It’s hard to argue with a guy who really doesn’t follow football anymore and relies on outdated stereotypes and cliches.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The heart wants what it wants. Interesting that Tom got like close to zero flak for a situation that would've prompted endless career-length tut-tutting if it had been just about any other NFL player (although the thought of Peyton or Eli Manning getting involved in a love triangle does tickle my funny bone).

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I mean, it's the NFL. Unless there's a tape, people / the league don't care about legitimate crime and violence. A guy committed suicide in front of his coach and GM, and they played the game the next day.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

With teams needing QBs and with a noted critic now out of the spotlight, is Kap a viable option at all?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No.

Draft saved Draft deleted