1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There's always The Gooker.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

AEW continues pro wrestling’s time honored tradition: Whenever there is a cake, someone is getting their face put in it.

JRoyal and Huggy like this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Chekov's cake.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

-1 dismissing the Chaos Project by throwing paper at them was a nice tribute to his father

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, as JR has been opening every show with “It’s Wednesday. You know what that means.” Another nice tribute.

Huggy likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Not sure if Ricochet and Kacy Catanzaro are still a thing, but if they are, their kids are going to be FREAKISH athletes. That finishing move by Kaci was absolutely insane.

JRoyal and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

NBC is folding its sports channel, which may bring an end to the wednesday night wars if hockey is on USA.

Meltzer surmises this could lead to AEW beating Raw, which made me laugh out loud. Theyre going to triple their audience?

Raw slaughters playoff hockey so I imagine regular season is on par with NXT anyway. Not sure where USA would put priority, but we’ll probbaly get some westminster dog show/us open tennis preemptions at playoff time

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Watching old Royal Rumbles, and I’m on 2009 tonight. The Edge-Jeff Hardy match included a car accident. And now he’s in a feud with Elias that includes a car accident of sorts. Apparently WWE creative really hates Jeff Hardy and cars.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

11. Baron Scicluna

I just watched the first one for the first time in 30 years or so. What’s funny about it is that in the rules, all that had to be done was throw the guy over the top rope. They never said the guy had to hit the floor.

JRoyal likes this.
  12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I criticized the WWE writers for not being able to build a good women’s angle away from the big belts, but they’re doing really well with Bayley-Belair. The obstacle course was fun. Bayley is doing a great job building Belair up.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted