1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

There can be no unity without accountability. One comes with the other. Love the idea of unity, but healing requires accountability.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Of course, I dislike Trump and all he stood for. But I also like what Biden has to say.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I'm over it listening to 46 speak coherent sentences of unity and leadership on the Capitol steps. God save the Republic, indeed.

rb

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

First pushback, maybe not today, but very soon they have to stop referring to Harris as the first Black Asian woman. She’s as qualified to be elected VP as any candidate in history. Maybe it’s a low bar, but she’s objectively qualified so stop with the qualifying terms.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm trying not to start bawling in front of my students. I think J-Lo saying the pledge in Spanish hit me harder than it should have, especially since more than half my kids are Hispanic.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Jeez 4 mins and I’m on page 5?!? I haven’t felt so optimistic in quite a while. May our country find some normalcy and erase the past 4 yrs.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Excellent speech by Biden.

Time to get to work. Helluva mess to clean up.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, I teared up knowing we've finally broken the glass ceiling and have a Second Gentleman.

And that was one big-ass Biden family Bible.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted