1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

WOODY Long liked this. I find that funny.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It wasn't a deliberate choice, but I celebrated Trump's going away in a most appropriate way. I slept right through it. No listening to his bullshit, no "YMCA", no seeing who the suckups were who actually came out to the airport. I woke up and his fat ass was on the plane and gone.

Thanks for this thread. It gave me a place to vent, to express outrage, and to link stuff I found of interest. It helped keep me somewhat sane when watching my country go to hell in a handcar.

I pray for a little competence and normal behavior, and a good example at the top. I hope that the R's won't cockblock everything Biden tries to do, but understand the reality and expect that aspect of normal to return as well. That's ok - at least some good things will be attempted, as opposed to the steaming pile of shit that the Republicans were trying to stuff down our throats.

Go get'em, Joe.

garrow, qtlaw, Iron_chet and 7 others like this.
  3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Anyone else feel compelled to sing auld Lang syne at noon?

Mngwa and TowelWaver like this.
  4. swingline

Come on. He knew that. He reveled in that in some bathroom stall.

Surprised you missed it. It was in all of Starman's posts.

wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Thanks, @Moderator1 and everyone else for providing a place in which we could vent these past four years. This was a spot where I knew others understood the anger with the sociopathic behavior and the persistent exasperation with the waterfall of stupidity that poured upon us. My wife didn’t want to hear it every night, my young child didn’t need to hear it, and if I had turned to Facebook or Twitter, I would have been fired ages ago.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

No, but I will be buying Ray Bans this afternoon.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. swingline

Maybe Trump will pull a Weird Larry from 1,000 feet.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Even if it's not a gay anthem - you've been alive for three quarters of a century on this mudball called Earth, and this is your favorite song?

And people say the guy has 'charisma'

9. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

California, a state so depraved it's home to OAN

HanSenSE and Hermes like this.
  10. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

What would a message board be without a few layered dick jokes?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome. But let me remind everyone again this thread was @Elliotte Friedman's idea so he deserves the credit. They just let me start it because who knew at my age if I'd be around for the next one!

But I am and I look forward to starting the next one.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

In my anger in November 2016, I said something along the lines of, “We live in a majority racist nation.”

Of all the things about which I’ve been wrong the last for years, I’m gratified and comforted to have learned 81 million times in November that I was most wrong about that.

TowelWaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.