1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I never saw her (or him) ever have a genuine smile. Maybe when she met Trudeau?

I think it was Springsteen on one of his Sirius DJ shows said that this President and presidency had no moments of joy or fun. No smiles with the family, a pet or a child.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And as Mile High said, we saw the pandemic coming from Europe and China. From Feb. 29 . . .

Economic update for the week ending February 29, 2020 - Rodeo Realty.

From Feb. 22 . . .

Dow plunges 1,000 points on coronavirus fears, 3.5% drop is worst in two years

I don't give a crap what date you want to pin the recession on. The CAUSE was the virus. Period.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Love that the New Radicals will be there for the big party.

I hope Danielle Brisbois is going to play with them. BTW, her solo discs are worth hunting down.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You’re glomming onto a point someone else made after your bullshit. Fuck off, Ivan.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I truly am concerned for Barron. He has never experienced acts of true love and affection, has likely never heard those words uttered to him or between anyone else and sees that there are only 2 types of relationships - unwavering devotion or enemy.

Cosmo, wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  7. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Without any question. Hopefully in any case, this will prove to be one of those stopped-clock occasions where the good of the country happens to coincide with what's best for Mitch's political fortunes.

wicked likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don’t like to psychoanalyze a minor, but he seems a little awkward. Luckily, he seems to have been able to live his life outside of the glaring eyes of the press and social media.

Seems fairly obviously the price for Trump to feel young again with a mid-30s model was to have precisely one more child and to not be burdened with any parental responsibilities.

wicked likes this.
  9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The notion that Trump was going to win this election easily minus the pandemic is just utterly false.

His approval rating was higher on election day than it was prior to the pandemic.

His highest approval rating during his presidency was (briefly) 45.8%. George H.W. Bush left office with an approval rating of 56% -- he lost the popular vote by 6 points.

Just speaking locally, polls in Arizona had Biden beating Trump handily before the pandemic hit.

Trump may have won the election without the pandemic, but that's a stretch, and by no means was he going to win it easily.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Cuck alert!

[​IMG]

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

What could possibly go wrong?

[​IMG]

12. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I tried to watch her farewell address. I made it through about 20 seconds when I finally realized a) I couldn't understand a third of what she was saying and b) I didn't believe any of it was sincere in the least

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.