1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is there a reason targeting isn’t reviewable?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Because it isn't a foul that leads to an ejection? No clue other than I think they don't like reviewing judgement call penalties. Correct me if I'm wrong, the only penalty they review is too many men on the field because it either is or it isn't.

Hermes likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

CBS has to be miffed the Browns didn’t get that score. It’s clear they aren’t winning this game, but it would’ve made the second half look a little bit compelling at least.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

10-point swing to end the half. Cleveland gets the ball first in the second half I think. Gotta get some points on that opening drive if they want to stay in it.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

There's no way to know how much was the wind and how much were the defenses.

That said, the wind was clearly a factor in holding down the scores.

It wasn't just Tucker. There were four FGs missed in the game vs. only two made. Josh Allen's longest completed pass was 21 yards -- worst of any game this season -- and he flat-out missed a number of throws down the field that were clearly affected by wind.

6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

In 2002 the Browns once lost to the Chiefs because a Browns player took his helmet off as the clock expired resulting in an untimed game-winning FG for the Chiefs.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

What does Cleveland probably need to score to win? 31? That’s a ton to ask.

when you’re a big dog like this and are ball control, I don’t get why you wouldn’t take the kickoff to start the game.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Poor, poor Dwayne Rudd.

A really good player who will only be remembered for one thing.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It would lead to five-hour games for one thing. Every receiver would be calling for it on every catch and drop.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I’ll go with the wind.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think they can review whether a forward pass is beyond the line of scrimmage, too, but I'm not 100 percent certain of that.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They can

Draft saved Draft deleted