1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not until Democrats stop funding them, I’m guessing.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

That's good. Back into the economy.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this exactly how it's going down.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

My grandkids have been getting all of my checks. So, money into savings is a good thing too. Get it out there spread it around.

It's a freaking pandemic. Unusual times.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

1. Don't buy new. Or even new-er. Miles are all that matters. A 2013 car with 40K-50K miles is a 2-year-old car, as far as I'm concerned.
    2. Don't worry about it until mortgage is paid. Then it will be easy.

As an aside, got some good news from the DMV this week. Our 31-year-old Lexus, registration renewal coming up, no longer requires state inspection. It's considered "antique."

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’ve spent months and months eyeball deep in the used Toyota Tacoma market. Prices are insane right now. I don’t know if it’s the stimulus money or money people saved by not vacationing, but used car prices are way too high. I’m seeing 03 Tacoma 4x4s with 300k miles selling for $15,000.

Anyway, as for saving for cars, I highly recommend continuing to make car payments to yourself once the note is paid off. If you’re making $350 per month payments for five years, keep going. You’ve adjusted to not having that money. Sock it away. Then you’ll have it for your next car.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Whaaaaat?

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My 05 Sable has just 54,000 miles.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

As someone who was in the middle of a newscast at the time, I would appreciate it if he would just give a goddamn two minute warning before he speaks. It's standard practice. This is the second time I've had to work around him just appearing and speaking immediately.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I have a 10-year-old truck that serves me well. My goal is to keep it another 6 years and then buy a new one that hopefully be my last.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.