1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I remember watching that game live.
    Still mad at my brother in law......we were supposed to be AT the game, but he bailed at the last minute.
    I love watching games like that.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I blame Antifa.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Group request: My daughter in France emailed me today for a recommendation on a general history book of the NFL, one that goes all the way back to the Roaring '20s. Any suggestions, preferably one not published under league auspices?

4. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

Michael McCambridge's book, America's Game, is pretty good. It's a been a while since I read it so don't hold me to this, but from what I recall it goes pretty far back into the formative years, even though its primary focus is on the growth since the '58 championship game.

misterbc likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I loved The Pro Football Chronicle by Dan Daly and Bob O'Donnell, though it was written 30 years ago, so anything since then is obviously missing.

[​IMG]

I had a copy autographed by Bob O'Donnell, who I got to know during my days on the NFL beat -- a great guy and an amazing researcher/football historian. Unfortunately, the book got lost in one of my relocations.

6. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Dan Daly also wrote The National Forgotten League which focuses on the NFL prior to the 1950s. I enjoyed it...

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for the recommendations.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The Pro Football Chronicle has a bunch of stuff in there about the '20s. It's where I first heard of Two-Bits Homan -- who might still be the greatest punt returner in NFL history -- and how he carried the Frankford Yellow Jackets to the 1926 league title.

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Not sure how far back it goes, but "When the Grass was Green"

11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some Steelers fans are blowing it out of proportion. They are sick of Smith-Schuster's nonsense and paranoid after Antonio Brown.

Draft saved Draft deleted