1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

The amount of excuse-making from the "party of personal responsibility" is staggering.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

June 22, 2020....

Glenn Beck Radio Show 1/11/21

Glenn Beck: Jason I read a story that you are leaving Outkick. Didn't you just join Outkick?

Whitlock: [chuckling] Yes. Listen, I'm not ... I ... I don't want to ... uh ... go into too much detail, but ... I'm just someone that you gotta deal honestly with. And you gotta do what you say you're gonna do. Or ... I ... I'm a rational person, but ... I wasn't dealt with in an honest fashion and so I gotta move on.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ironic that he was in charge of The Undefeated.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Is he trying to say Travis screwed him over in some fashion?
    Thought they were asshole buddies.

5. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Turns out unrepentant assholes are assholes to each other. This will also be the theme of the 2021 Brooklyn Nets.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Travis is his statement about Whitlock leaving said Whitlock wanted to own his own business. When Whitlock started it was stated he would have equity in Outkick. I wonder if there was a dispute about how much equity Whitlock would receive.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Clay Trumpist, who fancies himself as a Civil War historian who claims there were no moral differences between the two sides in that conflict, had his own civil war. Love it.

8. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

"Jason, I said that we'd give you 1%, not that you'd be the 1%."

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That's why the world has lawyers.

10. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Jason Whitlock gained even more national notoriety this past election season. A fixture on FOX News shows, pulling off an interview with the President of the United States,Whitlock obviously is attempting to strike while the stove is hot and become his own enterprise. That is how I see it at this time. Whitlock has a chance to become a major player in political reporting field and he just might be going for it. He is a brilliant columnist and probably enjoys making a huge dollar thus he is making the smart move to go off on his own. Why can't others see this take as correct?

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He's been trying it for years, going back to The Undefeated, which was to be his imprint on ESPN.

Maybe someday it will stick.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Because I think he’s trying to be Tucker Carlson, but black, and Carlson’s is not a shtick I respect.

It’s not “opinionated, loud and conservative.” It’s “disingenuous, loud and conservative.”

He doesn’t make interesting points I haven’t thought about. He trolls, makes arguments I don’t feel like he believes and parrots bad Twitter takes. He’s always been a provocateur, and always a bit of an asshole. But this... this isn’t that. There’s something else here that sells what he’s done well in his career short.

Draft saved Draft deleted