1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Jan 11, 2021.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He won't be out of work long. Mediocre white guys are always in high demand.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I know how bad the Lions defense is but if they keep Matthew Stafford, DeVonta Smith would look awfully good at No. 7

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Pederson strikes me as a guy who deserves a second coaching gig, but it wouldn't surprise me if that went well or very, very poorly. Like most of the creativity and efficiency went out of the offense when Reich left for Indy, and there is a parallel to that situation in Atlanta, where they never hit the highs of their Super Bowl year after McVay left. Both teams lost 70+ points per year from their Super Bowl peak.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You can say the same about Parcells without Belichek.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think you meant to say Kyle Shanahan left the Falcons. McVay never coached in Atlanta.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

HappyCurmudgeon and sgreenwell like this.
  9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

No shit. I'll take him yesterday.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wonder what "goods" Jack Easterby has on Cal McNair. A true professional would step down when he's become this much of a distraction. This is like House of Cards.

HappyCurmudgeon and sgreenwell like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Steelers really need a new offensive coordinator.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Steelers make coaching staff changes

It's about fucking time. The Steelers got rid of offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner today. They also let offensive line coach Shaun Sarrett and defensive backs coach Tom Bradley go.

Fichtner is terrible. Last season, he had the excuse of not having a viable quarterback, but this season he was just insanely predictable. See the example I posted above. Too many times, the Steelers were talking after the game about Roethlisberger just chucking the game plan and calling out plays he liked, then having that work. That tells you the plan was garbage.

Sarrett needed to go, too. The offensive line fell apart after he replaced Mike Munchak. Part of that was some guys getting older, but that wasn't the entire issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted