1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card weekend (and Black Monday) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 4, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oct. 11 @ Washington: 21 of 30 for 309 yards, 2 TD, 1 Int. in a 30-21 victory
    Nov. 15 vs. Seattle: 27 of 37 for 302 yards, 0 TD, but 0 Int in a 23-16 victory
    Nov. 23 @ Tampa: 39 of 51 for 376 yards, 3 TD, 2 Int. in a 27-24 victory
    Dec. 6 @ Arizona: 37 of 47 for 351 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int. in a 38-28 victory

Yes, Mariota had a hell of a game against the Chargers, but I think any of those games this season by Goff compares just fine.

Goff is erratic and flawed, but he has had some excellent games this season, too.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He also fumbled in three of the four games you listed.
    Tampa was his best game of the year.

3. outofplace

I was just responding to the idea that he would be desperate to have a game like what Mariota did against the Chargers, an opponent with a losing record. Goff was every bit as good in those four games I listed, three against playoff teams, and one against an opponent that was eliminated Week 17.

Goff isn't good, but he does sprinkle in some fantastic games among all the mediocre-to-terrible ones.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. outofplace

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The city of Pittsburgh would burn if the is game is rescheduled.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ugh yet another way the NFL is screwing the Steelers!

JC likes this.
  7. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

I'm a Browns fan. They have a 10-15% chance to win. If Denzel Ward doesn't play, it could get ugly.

Harrison is a Jaguars castoff, but has been decent and is another big loss. Sendejo is the whipping boy of the defense, but the whole secondary is super-thin as 2020 draft pick Grant Delpit and 2019 draft pick Greedy Williams haven't seen the field all year because of injuries.

Steelers aren't great and it is a one-game scenario, but it's way too much to overcome. Who knows if they'll have more players test positive before Sunday.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

They’ll need to force multiple turnovers just to have a chance.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bryant: From Kenosha to the U.S. Capitol, a new year brings the same old reminders

I have a feeling teams will be rushing to fill coaching openings, if only to avoid pressure from the NFL to hire Bienemy or another non-white coach. Teams can fill their jobs however they want, but the white mediocre assistants that have landed jobs in recent years don't convince me that skin color has anything to do with being a successful NFL coach. If anything, coaches of color have outperformed white coaches in the last 20 years.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Steelers are -270 on the money line, which is implied winning odds of 72%. Jump on it!

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Only if the cake goes flat on the way home.

Draft saved Draft deleted