1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

i never thought the leopard would eat my face

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Then he should say it publicly, loudly, in a live interview with the dreaded media.

garrow and wicked like this.
  3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It was mostly a great propaganda victory for the alt-right fascists (not in the sense that Trumpism is fascist, but the people who openly admit they're fascist and join explicitly fascist organizations. Neo-nazis). There were a lot of their high-profile guys in the mix of the craziest stuff, streaming video and building credibility. It helps them project strength as a disruptive force. They'll use this shit for recruiting for years.

In terms of accomplishing any policy goals in the immediate future, it mostly backfired.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I will say, I didn't go looking for the video of the woman being shot, but it found me.

All of the following are true:

1) She shouldn't have been there and should have expected armed resistance

2) She was participating in an attempted violent coup

3) Law enforcement should never, ever have let the situation get to that point

4) That wasn't a great way for law enforcement to use lethal force. She wasn't acting all that different from everyone else, and all of a sudden one dude just walked up and popped her through a door she was trying to climb.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Maybe they can use their appearances in federal court and subsequent 10-year sentences as recruiting tools, too. BTW, House and Senate adjourned this am until 1/19. Totally most Congressional reaction possible. I get it was a stressful day, but why not at least wait 48 hours before proving last night's brave speeches were all bullshit?

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Why can’t we do both?

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Pence did sound pissed last night, but I'm sure he's right back on board the train this morning.

I do wonder if the 25th could backfire — "see, it's all rigged!" — but at this point you have to do something. Rahm Emmanuel suggested a censure. What point that proves, who knows. Someone needs to be charged criminally.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

I think right now a majority of the federal government regards Pence as de facto President. He's gonna say as little as possible in that role because it's all most unconstitutional, or maybe extraconstitutional would be a better term.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I wonder if the 25th is only invoked if he issues pardons or does something more drastic. Perhaps there's an understanding: You stay out of the way and you can save yourself — for now. It's something.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

He's allegedly going to Camp David for the weekend. That would be a perfect place to put him under formal or informal house arrest until 1/20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.