1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I’d love to believe this. But there was no way Hillary Clinton should’ve lost to Donald Fucking Trump after the Access Hollywood tape came out.

I’m hoping that voters — perhaps more accurately, the non-voters — have learned from the last four years that no assumption is safe.

2. FileNotFound

why didn’t the pussy-grabber comment turn away the evangelicals?

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I generally agree with your point about name recognition, but he couldn’t have won the 2016 nomination as a Democrat as he ran.

The party has too many interlocking constituencies that act as a brake. (The party’s great blessing and equal part curse.) Black voters would’ve stopped Trump in his tracks during primary season.

Trump not only needed a party in shambles. He needed a heterogeneous party where one-note racebaiting would work.

A younger,more agile Trump could’ve won the Democratic nomination in the 1980s, though.

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Supreme Court.

Hermes likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Because, in general, evangelicals are phony, hypocritical shitbirds.

6. FileNotFound

I’ll buy that 100 percent. But a lot of Democratic voters — me included — thought it was in the bag for Clinton after that. That was one of my many wrong assumptions about our electorate in 2016.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And the man who said that did "win the thing." By a landslide, if I recall.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

To start. Then they legitimately got drawn into his cult by the end of his first year.

9. FileNotFound

Hitting the Central Park Five thing harder in 2016 might have resulted in higher Black turnout levels.

Or: US election 2020: Why Trump gained support among minorities

What I’m hoping We the People have learned is that actually showing up to vote is important.

Fred siegle, OscarMadison and Hermes like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

when you hate america they let you do it

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t think he would say it again if given the chance to take it back.

12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Because at the end of the day, whether it's their invisible sky man or their politicians, all they really want is to be told they're better than the people they fear and hate. You do that and they'll do whatever you ask.

OscarMadison and FileNotFound like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.