1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yoicks and away! The NY Post screws up again

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Baron Scicluna, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The NY Post photoshops a pic of the CEO for RobinHoodNYC, a poverty-fighting organization, with a story about RobinHoodApp, which paid a $65 million settlement to SEC for misleading its customers.

The Post reporter apologized, but I wouldn’t want to be in that graphics department right now.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is such a huge fuck-up.

Robin Hood is one of the great charities anywhere. Robin Hood - Fighting Poverty in New York 100% of every donation goes to the folks who need it. Administrative costs are paid by the board.

That some halfwit at the Post would do this is inexcusable. It's so bad it seems almost purposeful.

I hope Wes is compensated commensurate with the insult.

jesus

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Wes Moore is total class. He accepted the tiny apology from the Post on his Twitter feed. His reaction in my opinion is very classy in a day and age of screaming and yelling from the top of our lungs. He has every right to go bonkers obviously yet from what I've read his response exudes pure CLASS. Kind of inspirational for me during this holiday season and gawd-awful COVID-ridden, politics-driven 2020.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Like chink in the armor?

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Songbird

Azrael is suggesting the Post fuckup as almost purposeful. And it very well may have been purposeful.

The chink in the armor very well could have been purposeful but without any malice, a subtle joke gone wrong, in an era that doesn't forgive.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The chink reference has nothing to do with what happened here. (Nor was it in any way subtle.)

I'm suggesting that in addition to a simple, epic fuck-up, another possible explanation might be that someone up the masthead has it in for Wes Moore.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Songbird

Of course it doesn't because it happened there. But purposeful still applies.

As for Wes Moore, he should leverage the fuck-up.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Wow, this is bad. Wes Moore is an impressive guy. I read and enjoyed his book and while it got a little too self-congratulatory in parts, it's a hard story to tell with humility.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Embarrassing? Two words:

Heywood Jablowme

11. Danwriter

Danwriter Member

[QUOTE="It's so bad it seems almost purposeful."

jesus[/QUOTE]
    "Almost purposeful"? This is the NY Post, Murdoch's retribution machine. Racism there isn't a bug, it's a feature.

Draft saved Draft deleted