1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broadcasters you trust/like

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DanOregon, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Danwriter

Danwriter Member

Still, a loyal FoxNews/Ailes/Murdoch foot soldier for 20 years, till he began breaking with their orthodoxy three years ago.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rhonda Colvin of the WaPo is strong.

3. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Tucker Carlson, Lou Dobbs, Howard Cosell, Tim Ryan, Mike Emrick, Phil Rizzuto, Larry Merchant, George Foreman, Burgess Owens, Candace Owens.

4. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

For sports I really like Ian Eagle, Brian Anderson is really good and I am lucky enough to get him for Brewers games. Eagle is great during NCAA tourney and NFL, BA NCAA Tourney and baseball.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Jason Benetti is my favorite play-by-play guy at this point. Equal parts information and anecdote. He can’t be thrown off. See: his handling of being partnered with Bill Walton. And he knows analytics. Has the personality type of Boog Sciambi and can also do the Keith Law thing without condescending. He’s the best.

Hooray4snail likes this.
  6. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Watching old NHL games on you tube, it's music to the ears to listen to Mickey Redmond, Dick Irvin and Bob Cole call NHL games in the 80s for Hockey Night In Canada. Astoundingly pleasing and they naturally edify the games they call. The NHL product has declined.

7. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Warner Wolf was also a pleasure to listen to on the 6 o clock news doing sports reports for channel 2 in NYC. The guy on channel 11 in NYC Jerry Girard was very good too.

8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Sort of reminds me of this tweet I saw a while back

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Bob Murphy to that question.

I really like Dan Shulman, who gives you a professional call no matter what he's at. Brian Anderson is very good as well- I am a fan.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Vin for the Dodgers

Chick for the Lakers

Bob Miller for the Kings (best in the business)

Tom Kelly for USC football.

11. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Keith Jackson, Curt Gowdy, Cosell, Gil Clancy, Tim Ryan, Jim Gordon NY Rangers, Fred Stolle tennis, Chris Schenkel, Dan Kelly hockey, Matt Guokas and Billy Cunningham Sixers basketball.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bill King for all the teams I rooted for as a kid. Few I've listened to since have come close to him.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted