1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

October surprise

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 19, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Who beat?

maumann likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Nuts, roasted.

SixToe, Vombatus and ChrisLong like this.
  4. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I think Toobin misunderstood what was meant by being an 'active part of the call.'

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yep. I have zero sympathy for Toobin. He was whacking off during a work meeting.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Who knew his real crime is being "wealthy" and "rich"? ... repeated a few times, for effect.

FWIW, masturbating in front of your colleagues on a Zoom conference is a fireable offense. ... if the New Yorker decided that it was way too much of an embarrassment, and even he doesn't bring enough to the table to overcome it.

The rest is just noise.

I have a bit of respect for Jonathan Alter and Malcom Gladwell (even though he is a clown) for standing by their friend. If they do think this isn't Harvey Weinstein, it's just their pervy friend having fucked up, the fact that they put themselves out there for him says a lot about their character. I found the silence from David Remnick telling.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

fossywriter8 likes this.
  12. Equalizer

Equalizer Member

Draft saved Draft deleted