1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your state's high school football playoff system

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by UPChip, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

We start basketball here tomorrow.
    No fans in all classes til Jan. 28.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Somehow, they think they can start basketball practice here on Jan. 4 then have first games on Jan. 7.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7A championship here last night. Thompson vs. Auburn. Thompson lost their QB (likely Mr. Football) in the second half. Auburn's defense shuts them down. Up 9 with just over a minute, Auburn goes victory formation three times, but they do it from the shotgun and lose yards three times. Thompson blocks the punt, scoop and score, extra point good. Onside kick recovered. Thompson's backup QB had only 86 yards for the half, Auburn played him tough - but he draws two long pass interference calls, and they hit a FG to win as time runs out.

Flat crazy.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I saw tweets about that. Oh my God. (Also, is DPI a spot foul in your location?)

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ref had it coming/93devil

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Here’s a longer version.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Team B won on Thursday, so they're 3-2 (.600) and clinched the playoffs. Even if Team A wins Friday, best they can do is 4-3 (.571).

And as I said, Team B didn't play the two best teams in the league and got no-contests instead of losses. And Team A beat Team B straight up.

Team A got screwed.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    cjericho likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

88's going to jail.

heyabbott and MileHigh like this.
  10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

ahh gotcha

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was at a game in Salinas when a player punched a ref in the handshake line. Was in the phone with my editor and shouted there was a fight and I had to go.

Years later I learned the kid got expelled (kid wasn't in my coverage area so we didn't follow what happened). Didn't hear if he was arrested but he was royally fucked.

That was intense but my favorite kid got ejected story is a kid gets a red card and immediately flips off the ref. Ref is so flustered, he gives the kid a second red card. It took me years of googling to see if that was really a thing.

This kid is fucked. Did the game get called?

Draft saved Draft deleted