1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 14 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 30, 2020.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Two years earlier I saw what was really the greatest Sun Bowl ever, Missouri-Oregon State. Beavers erased a 38-24 deficit in the final five minutes and won 39-38 on a two-point conversion in the final 25 seconds. Chase Daniel and Matt Moore were the two QBs.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's a big part of it.

The other is that Miami had an outbreak recently. You can be certain that one of John Swofford's biggest nightmare scenarios involves having to postpone - or outright cancel - the ACC championship game in Charlotte because of the pandemic.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Kirk Herbstreit goes all-in:

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL so what, Herbstreit has gone full Lou Dobbs?

6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

And then ...

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Must. Resist. Obvious. Joke.

Must. Not. Say. Beetlejuice's Name. And. Bring. Him. Here.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And this just in. There was no room at the inn in any of the empty stadiums in Northern California?

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Apparently not. The 49ers relocated to Arizona, so no surprise with this.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Local TV station here reported SJSU worked out at Scotts Valley High School, just east of Santa Cruz, today. The current Santa Clara County ordinance says those traveling more than 150 miles beyond county limits must quarantine. So there's also the question of where the team goes after the Hawaii game.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Reno. Supposed to play UNR at home next week, so might as well go there. Or spend the week in Tahoe, which is only 15 minutes from Reno, to practice, then go up for the game on Friday.

Batman and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I can't believe the Mountain West is making them do this. It's taking away a give field advantage and giving it to a team who should have to fly for the game. They should just cancel the game and give SJSU two wins as a result and an apology from the Mountain West and have the dance team provide the Spartans with copious amounts of h...

I'm sorry I can't keep this going with a straight face ...

Draft saved Draft deleted