1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Elway's helicopter run was his big moment in that game. That and Bowlen declaring "This one's for John." He was MVP in XXXIII with more than 300 yards.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I know. I was at both games. Except for the helicopter run, a great moment, Elway's contribution to the upset was negligible.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Isn't Craig Morton in Super Bowl XII the brown standard? He was 4-for-15 for 39 yards with four interceptions against the Cowboys.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was Super Bowl III. The game I'm talking about is Super Bowl V.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was a much different era, but there are plenty of candidates for that award from the first dozen Super Bowls. There wasn't a 300-yard passer until Terry Bradshaw in XIII. Bart Starr threw for 250 yards in Super Bowl I and that stood as the record until Bradshaw broke it.
    Even the QBs who won the Super Bowl MVP in that era were more efficient than proficient. There are plenty of stat lines along the lines of 1o-of-15 for 100 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My bad.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Missed this beauty from Forrest last night. One of the funniest things ever posted on this board.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It wasn't until Kurt Warner in Super Bowl XXXIII that the winning QB threw more than 36 passes in the game. Sport's changed more in the 20-some years since then than it did in the 32 Super Bowl years prior.

Batman likes this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

to be fair the league allowed the seahawks to blatantly work against the steelers that day

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Poor put-upon Steelers.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think you're quoting the wrong person here.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I am. Apologies.

Cosmo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted