1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is my issue. The league shouldn't have allowed the Ravens to work the system.

2. outofplace

Exactly. The league caved. If a team refused to play, that is a forfeit. The Broncos said all the right things and the league screwed them. The Ravens manipulated the league into giving them time to get some key players back. They now have a very good chance to win the game. The Steelers, at least officially, keep playing the good soldiers. Now they get a Ravens team that is stronger than it should have been, then consecutive games on short rest.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm curious if there is a game being played right now. If I were to go back over these 44 pages, I'm sure all but four have been dedicated to some woe are the Steelers and how unfair everyone is being to the poor, innocent Steelers whom the whole country loves except for the powers in the NFL. But, because the wife needed something to take her mind off of work, we're not watching MNF, so how are things? Did that game get cancelled like the Steelers did?

sgreenwell and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. outofplace

Nice try, but we know you around here. They've got something a guy like you can't tolerate.

Also, the Patriots take you just posted is comically stupid. Your take on the Steelers in the sentence that followed made no sense.

5. outofplace

Like 'yab, you really need to learn to read.

That said, the Seahawks absolutely got hosed by the officials right before the half. Wentz's pass on what should have been intentional grounding hit the turf at Seattle's 39. The line of scrimmage was the 36. The officials ruled that it wasn't grounding because it was past the line of scrimmage. Um, what?

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I wish it were played just so he wouldn't post 44 times about its multiple cancellations.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. outofplace

Just wait until they actually play. :)

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I can deal with that. This is just typical NFL bullshit and nothing has changed from previous years.

It really is the worst-run league.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I can read just fine. I can also infer just fine. And between the lines of faux concern and rigid clinging of rules of fair play there is an undertone of a school-yard buck refusing to put the ball back into play until his grievances that the third pine cone was the endzone not the second and we can't play until we all agree it was the third even though the second and the third pine cones are a mere foot apart. But we can't play until that is agreed upon. Even when we point out the only reason the buck is insisting on it is because he was winning by three scores and now is tied, it is about pine cones.

JC likes this.
  10. outofplace

Wrong again. If anything, your description fits what the Ravens did with their threat to refuse to play tomorrow night. The Ravens bullied their way into the very consideration the league has refused to give to multiple teams this season, most notably the Broncos on Sunday. This last postponement had nothing to do with COVID-related health concerns.

I have a long history of stubborn takes based on my very real concerns about fair play. Based on everything the league has stated it will do and everything it has done to this point, the game should have been played Tuesday night. Instead, it will be Wednesday and that is all to the Ravens' advantage.

Your inability to read or infer properly is quite clear.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Would you please shut your fucking piehole?

12. outofplace

No, I don't believe I will, but thank you for using the magic word.

Draft saved Draft deleted