1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Ravens had no positive tests today, yet the game was moved again, this time for what looks like competitive concerns rather than health. I knew you wouldn’t be able to keep up.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder why you might gave a problem with the Steelers. Oh, wait. No, I don’t.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

MileHigh-

The gold standard of terrible emergency quarterbacking was that fourth-string guy for Arizona in a wild card game in Carolina a few years ago. It was hideously bad to watch. A rain game, no less.

Before that, the worst I saw was a dude for the Bucs named Jeff Carlson, playing out the string for a 3-13 team coached by the late Richard Williamson in 1991. The Bears won 27-0 in one of those old Saturday specials at Soldier Field.

sgreenwell and MileHigh like this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

A Twitter follow said (paraphrased), "I had to drive all the way to Lambeau to watch Spurgeon Wynn (for the Vikings) in a playoff game, so don't tell me about the Broncos."

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

My God, I forgot about that one. I'd a few pops in me that night. Spergeon Wynn in the top ratings spot on Wild Card weekend does that to a man.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If Jackson plays Wednesday, then everyone can scream.

And this is much more the Ravens working the system than ass fucking Pittsburgh.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Read your own fucking guidelines you moron.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s not the most entitled fan base. Or the rapist QB. Or the history of dirty players. The patriots who are assholes who wear it proudly, you should respect that. The Steelers piss on your sisters wedding dress and wonder why you don’t think they’re hysterical

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Ravens basically threatened to strike and not play Tuesday if they weren't given some extra practice time. The NFL didn't call their bluff and moved the game another day.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Raiders and the Texans have started some horrific qbs in the saturday afternoon crappy wild card game in recent years.
    I don't remember their names and I don't want to try to remember their names.

JC likes this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

Indeed. It sucked that slot became like a bowl game for the fucking Texans.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I believe that would be MSU's Connor Cook for the Raiders and the Texans have had a couple including T.J. Yates and at least one other I can't think of.

Draft saved Draft deleted