1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 23, 2020.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

SVP just filled his segment for Monday night. Note the over on this game was 43 1/2.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Nice recap of the Candy program; I just wish you’d worked in a Fred Pancoast reference.

it was a planned squib kick BTW.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"A significant event for some"

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nothing says "she's just a girl" than having her do a dumbass squib kick that gave the same effect as kicking the ball directly out of bounds on the sidelines. It was such a pathetic move by the coach, it almost feels like an FU for having her on the team.

She's a D1 soccer goalie, for chrissakes. Have her kick off, and if it lands at the 15, who gives a fuck.

The squib (complete with a holder) is so patronizing it makes me sick.

DanielSimpsonDay and exmediahack like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not at all.

Now, it may affect the Steelers, but I think more likely, Cleveland State is about to be locked down.

(Yes, I’m being That Guy).

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Hallmark Movie version will have the holder whining for having to hold for a girl, then once he sees she can kick 30-yard squibbs, they fall in love and get married on top of the goalposts.

HanSenSE and Batman like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

exmediahack likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You had $20 on over 35 yards on her first kickoff, didn't you?

Songbird and poindexter like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

St. Mary's? I think you meant Santa Clara. This could wreak havoc with the Sharks too, if the NHL had it's act together.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The colleges, if they really want to keep playing, could do like the New Mexico schools have done and relocate their operations.
    Curious how this will affect the NFL. The 49ers are on the road this week at the Rams, but have back-to-back home games the next two weeks.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Time for the SEC to back up the brinks to swap Clemson for Vanderbilt. Would benefit both athletic departments, even if Vandy still doesn’t have one officially.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I didn’t get involved but I would taken the under 43.5.

Draft saved Draft deleted