1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 23, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

CBS must be lost not being able to show a shot of a scarily irate Saban after the Tide give up a meaningless TD at the end of a blowout.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Vanderbilt welcomed all of this attention. Let themselves be media darlings. (I write this as a Vandy fan for decades.)

Derek Mason is now 10-46 in the SEC. This comes with Tennessee, Missouri and South Carolina are, relatively, down. He has reversed all of the progress from the Johnson/Franklin years. Vanderbilt is now back to Rod Dowhower and Woody Widenhofer.

Now that this story has aired for all of the non-sports fans, the normal business of football will not commence in Nashville.

“I can’t believe they fired that coach who gave that woman the chance to kick for them. They must be racists.”

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I've been trying to cut the Pac-12 refs some slack but it is just impossible. Both of those plays were obviously offsides. The bottom one was blatant. I mean, the nose guard is offside in the photo and the ball hasn't been snapped. He was probably 2 feet farther in when the ball was finally snapped. Nobody else moved. Also on the bottom play, a QB sneak, he was in a scrum, wound up backward. He pushed and sat down on the goal line while he was clutching the ball on his torso with both arms. The announcers -- Dave Flemming and Rod Gilmore -- both said you can't see the ball so you can't tell if it's breaking the plane. The only way it wasn't over the goal line would have been if he was carrying the ball below his waist. No way. Glad the Beavs scored on the next play. They deserved it.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Her name is also two syllables, just like Rudy. There will be a sold-out stadium chanting her name.

Batman likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Agree with all of this.

On that second, late-game uncalled offsides, they showed a replay down the goal line from the other side of the formation on the broadcast, which made it absolutely clear the OSU center didn't move the ball. Wasn't that the play the Beavers' starting QB got hurt?

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

yes.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

New county guidelines just put the kibosh on Standford, SJSU and St. Mary's programs. No contact sports and mandatory quarantine for anyone traveling in from more than 150 miles until Dec. 21. Haven't looked if this is being talked about on the OOP-JC pissing match ... er ... NFL thread but college was the first place I went to when I heard this come down.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The officials could claim that the fog hindered their sightlines, amirite?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How does this effect the Steelers?

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Michigan State just scrambled the messed up Big Ten even more by handing Northwestern its first loss of the season

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

So much for a national champion coming out of the Big Ten West ... ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted