1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Could be worse. Syracuse just lost to NC St. They had a chance at the end until their QB spiked the ball to stop the clock.

On 4th down.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Vanderbilt doesn’t offer men’s soccer. If the goalkeepers on the women’s team all get quarantined, can Vandy then go find a male keeper from a club team?

Gender equity is gender equity.

Yes, this is an extreme, trollish response by me. But this does open the door for those who would take it seriously.

Also... that kick set goalkeepers back ten years from being football placekickers in college.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'd rather we all just act with some common sense, and say that she mis-kicked it, or slipped, and move on.

But if you are going to sell me that THAT kick was some feat, I'm going to say go pound sand. That kick was silly.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

She never got a chance to make up for the mishit because that was the only time in the game Vanderbilt got to place kick.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The play before saw Syracuse's quarterback run all over creation in the backfield, trying to buy time for Orange receivers to work their way open. All he had to do was throw the ball into the third row or over the crossbar. Anything but take a sack.

Then they made a mad dash for the line of scrimmage so that same said quarterback could clock the ball ... on fourth down.

Oops. Rough season for Dino Babers.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I hope this is a joke and needs blue font.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I expect she was told to squib it so as to avoid the possibility of a runback during which someone could just try and take her out.

I watched off and on to see if she'd get a chance to kick a PAT. Unfortunately, Vandy is so bad that never happened. They're barely a FBS team, much less a P5 team.

I wonder if Mizzou would have rushed the PAT, or just stood by and let it happen, like Western Michigan did several years ago when the blind player snapped on an extra point for USC.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess. That's what they said in the post-game.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Updating from last night: According to the Pacific-12 Conference, neither play merited an offside penalty.

Scott Van Pelt's tweet: "The official in Corvallis doesn’t know what’s going on. This is chaos. Missing touchdowns. Missing offsides. Talking a lot and not making any kind of sense. Staggering ineptitude."

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yes, I've been on this board 17 years, and just found out today that Vanderbilt is part of the SEC. I'm busted.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

phew

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe she can drop-kick it in?

Draft saved Draft deleted